Monday, August 1, 2011

Easy as 1...2...3

After years...and years... and years, (did I mention it's taken FOR EV ER?) of searching for a skin care regimen that works for my skin type, I've finally found it! Since the age of eleven I've struggled with acne. I can seriously say that I've tried everything, mostly sticking to "systems" like Proactive, which would eventually dry my skin out and cause a lot of irritation. Who would have thought that what was right for me wouldn't be just one product brand, but a mixture of a few.

1. Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solution- This certified 100% natural facial cleanser is infused with all natural ingredients, which include grape seed oil, willow bark extract, and jojoba oil just to name a few. The combination of the natural ingredients, along with Salicylic acid (an acne treatment found in many acne products) provides the perfect merge of ingredients for flawless skin. The clinically proven formula smells of sweet honey suckle, and leaves your skin feeling refreshed. You can find this product at Walmart or Target for around $10 a pop!

2. Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Toner- Toners should be an essential part of everyone's beauty arsenal. They assist your cleanser in removing excess dirt and oil, as well as speeds up acne treatment directly to the source. The toner should be used post cleansing, leaving your skin feeling invigorated. Walmart has this product for about $8.

3. Palmer's Coco butter formula- The funny thing about this product is that its been right under my nose pretty much my whole life! My grandma, and inspiration for my blog (they call her Doll because she looks like a baby doll... ie. Dolly Daily), has used coco butter on her skin for years, and she's always had smooth and flawless skin, she introduced me to this product and I've been hooked ever since. Coco butter contains ingredients like Vitamin E, and Cocoa extract which helps smooth and blend marks and scars, and tones skin. You can find this product almost anywhere for around $5 for a small jar.

Though different products work for different skin types, try out these products and I'm sure you'll be on the way to healthy, happy skin!

Love, Dolly

No comments:

Post a Comment