Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Venus vs. Mars

The article "Venus Vs. Mars" will be in circulation on my blog once a week. Yep, we're opening up a whole can with this one! Surveys, polls and discussions dedicated toward promoting an understanding of our male counterparts... well at least we can try!

Trends you love, that he probably hates! (Based on a survey conducted by me, on men ages 20-25)

momboleum via Flickr
Most men say, a little makeup here and there to enhance a woman's beauty is just fine... but the line MUST be drawn somewhere. If your face is so caked up that you resemble the top layer of a three tiered wedding cake, chances are, you've scared away a few men in your day. Due to amazing advancements in technology, there are an ample amount of makeup brands that will give your skin a gorgeous glow, and a "fresh face" appearance. I recommend Covergirl's Ture Blend Mineral Powder for even coverage, without all the cake!



agwagon200 via flickr


I was CRUSHED, when I found out that many men find feathered earrings to be repulsive and unattractive. I'm currently in the process of making my own, and this new find is not going to stop me from making them... to each it's own. But I do completely understand their perspective, having what looks like two baby birds hanging from your ear lobes... talk about, how to loose a guy in 10 minutes!




Harem pants were made popular in the late 1980's, and apparently, a lot of men want them to stay there. These pants, which many say resemble a cross between a skirt and a pair of skinny jeans, are definitely an acquired taste, so I can understand the modern man's hesitation to accept this trend.

Poul.Iversen via flickr


 Okay... so maybe I exaggerated slightly with the image, but I just wanted to show exactly how ridiculous it can get! Men find the large sun-glass trend to be one for the garbage can, they feel that the design of the shades is unflattering on most women's faces, and though we think we're the baddest thing walking, they're thinking we look like a walking beetle/human hybrid. Luckily for the guys this trend has begun to fade out in recent years, making room for the new vintage trend, similar to those of Audrey Hepburn and the point tip shades found here at American Apparel. I'm loving the new trend... out with the old, in with the new!

So,Would you be willing to ditch some of your favorite digs for love? Oh the things we do for love...

Dolly

No comments:

Post a Comment