Friday, July 29, 2011

Dolly's Digs

Things I want need... and you should too!


Exody via Flickr
Yes, chairs! Now Before you make a b-line for the exit button, you should know that the value of chromed materials has increased in recent years, and so has the trend. While the design may not offer the comfortabilty of grandma's living room couch, the sheer style and symmetry of the design fascinates me. Since moving in to my first apartment, I have been utterly obsessed with every aspect of interior design, and (even on my broke college student budget), I've managed to implement Chrome aspects into my own apartment, which helps to bring a modern feel to my primarily vintage abode. What do you think of the sleek design?

Jurvetson via Flickr





 While up late one night I happened to stumble on QVC, where they were featuring Skeleton watches... It was love at first sight! For those who may be unfamiliar, skeleton watches are the origin of modern day watches. The inner gears and mechanisms of the watches are exposed and many of them run without a battery (eco friendly is always a plus!). I'm in love with the simplicity and complexity of these watches, and they come in many versatile styles for men and women. Definitely one for the birthday list! You can browse gorgeous skeleton watches here.

onlinedesign via flickr

While going to be the mall, taking an hour to find a parking spot, waiting in long lines, deciphering through endless isles of clothes, and eventually coming away with something that's just "OK" can be lame fun, the idea of boutique shopping is like a breath of fresh air. A space dedicated to the quaint, calm, cool, and collected shopper. Small space, but fabulous finds! What are some of your favorite boutiques in your town?

mecookieviaflickr
Due to my obsession with all things vintage and antique, combined with being a video production/television production major, it is to no surprise that I love antique movie cameras. This one is a Yashika 8EII movie camera. Circa 1959. EBay has a large selection of antique movie cameras so you too can have a piece of history!

notmargaret via flickr


 For the past two years, I've been attending an art school, and as a requirement we have to take a art/architectural history class every quarter. Never have I learned so much! Many topics from the classes fascinate me to the point that i have made it a long term goal to visit all the places I've learned about. My first trip will be to Belize to visit the Mayan temples. The Mayans were an astonishing civilization that can be credited for many advancements of society including the calender and astrological studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment